Monday, January 26, 2009

Power of the mind

I have for the past week been puzzled about how my mind works, the energy which my thoughts consume, the energy which they give me, the time they take away when I am just staring, the opportunities which they offer me. The last weeks has been marked by big ups and down, which I account to the fact that I have been exposed to huge changes in my close personal sphere. The experience of being a student in Reykjavik this time is much different, in 2006 and had known and prepared for 6 months before coming here, I had just left my girl friend, I did not live with Anders, I had not met Anne, Rasmus had not been born. With these factors now influencing my life, a long with no time to prepare my self I have found my self in a state of mental stress, negatively affecting my mood and confidence.
Now after close to three weeks here I am noticing that my fluctuations are becoming smaller which boost my confidence and again reinforces my decission of going to Reykjavik altogether. Coming to this state of reducing the fluctuations has demanded a conscious effort in working on meaningful relationships here and maintaining my relationship to Anne and the people at home.
Over the past 5 days two changes has occured to strengthen my commitment, thursday last week I attended an AIESEC meeting and I immediately felt a sense of belonging and a much sought after feeling of contributing positively to others. And on a more personal level I attended a birthday of a class mate, thank you Alfred!
Good night

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey Peter

Keep your head up, what doesnt kill you only makes you stronger !!!

Palli

www.pallinl.blogcentral.is