Monday, March 2, 2009

Rejuvenation

Noone can live in a vacuum, without deep and sincere personal relationships one will have a hard time to thrive, since the meaning and recognition from people of the "inner circle" are a primary source to life and motivation. 
I have felt this very hard, though I am enjoying many aspects of my daliy life here in Reykjavik, I cannot help to feel a little closer to exhaustion every day. This comes from the fact that I have no where to recharge but in Denmark, where currently all the people who hold the capacity lives.
This I have realized from having just been home, this was energizing, rejuvenating and reaffirming, it boosted my confidence and more importantly many of my negatively charged assumptions were deflated.
In the time before I came home I was increasingly setting assuming, and in hindsigt overestimating, the trade-off's, of being in Reykjavik. The solitude also has made me more determined to hold on to Anne and continue to honestly share with her my concerns, I did this now and it contributed very much to my decision-making effort which had become the primary goal of this trip home.
I learned what I aimed for and now, being rejuvenated, I am ready for another couple of months in Reykjavik.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Im glad to hear that your doing better Peter and I hope your batteries will run smoothly. The snow should melt soon and sun will start to rise again so Im sure that you will have a great time.

Best regards from Nijmegen
Palli