Thursday, January 22, 2009

Isolation in others company?

It might be late, I might have just had a good night, but there is an issue on my mind which I can't let go! The question which flies around in my mind is "How is it possible to be alone around other people?"
As a student in university I am every day surrounded by people, hence I am socialicing. Though upon each and every encounter there is a significant emptiness. I do not hold anything aginst these people, but as soon as the interaction has ended immediatly comes the feeling of loneliness.
I take this as a lack of deep, emotional, meaningful relationships. I have these, but they are the ones I have isolated my self from by going abroad to do my master studies. Upon evaluating the opportunity I had not considered that it would hit this hard to be on a distance from everyone I love and care for. Though I thought of this when I was in Qatar, it did not reflect on an otherwise similar thought of going abroad to Iceland in stead. This is remarkable negilence in the assesment of opportunity cost, how foolish of me!!!
There are the people who I miss now; my family, mom, dad, Anders, Jeppe, Rasmus. Possibly even Anne more, you are the most unique, beautiful and giving individual I have ever met and I am grateful for everything we have together from chats to dinners and holidays. And of course there is also my nearest friends, Lars, Rene, Stig, Henrik, Kasper, Andreas, Thomas, I hope you are all doing well, and I now know how much value you added every day.
Typical how one only learns what one has when its gone.
Jesus christ

1 comment:

Freyja said...

So blue!

I'll be your meaningful relationship in Iceland! I promise!