Tuesday, January 13, 2009

A new beginning

So here I am, back the educational environment, a place I had only thought of returning to in a distant future. Anyhow I am back and my initial impressions and experiences are that this is the best I could do for my self at this time.
University is for me an avenue for me to put my thoughts into words. The clear frames which are set up for each of my subjects gives me a clear idea what I can and want to contribute with. This clarity also encourages me to be more ambitious. For the first time I can clearly see the path which is ahead of me, this stems from (a) I have given a lot of consideration to my choice of university, (b) I have additional perspectives from my work experience and (c) my priorities are very clear. This is a clear sign of increased maturity and hence focus which I have developed since I last attended university, and my hope is of course that this degree will give me additional possibilities for development as my bachelor did. 
I have tried to grow up fast, to achieve much in little time, and when I look back I feel I have seen and tried out what I could wish for in my first 25 years. Of course periods has been more hectic than others, but generally "carpe diem" expresses well how I have gone about living my life.
Now, I am again focusing on developing myself after a period of developing my surroundings. I still firmly believes that more success and life quality will come from developing and believing in that I can make the world around me a better place. And it starts with myself. To me that means I that what to be a role model to my self, I want to live in a way which is in compliance with my values and beliefs. I this pursuit I am grateful for the book my fantastic girl friend gave me for christmas "Ethics for Amador" which I finished just last week(I will come back to this book). Secondly, I concur with Mahatma Ghandi "Be the change you want to see in the world" thereby saying I am trying mine to change would I see needs change. I wish for my self to create a sphere around me which signals trust and ambition to change, this is a high ranking personal development project. More on this later.
;-)

No comments: