Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Emotions and pressure

This time is characterized by many deadlines which I am in the process of overcoming, but there is a lot on my mind and I find it extremely hard to concentrate. In stead I find myself wishing me away from this hectic environment. At same time it gives me a sense of achievement to push on and really score high despite many consecutive deadlines. Being better, being more calm and in good shape is three things that counts for me in these challenging times.

I also feel a much greater need to be in contact with Anne and my family to have something steady to hold on to in an everyday where my focus is required to shift by the hour.

The "creation" of grades only motivates me vagely, therefore I see my self looking up opportunities where I can add tangible value. This is good as well as a curse since it gives me more to see in a time where I might would want more time for my self. What I have seen my self cut back on when under pressure is the maintenance of more distant relationships, focusing on core things: my self, school work, and family+Anne. I am clear about the importance and strength of these three factors. Just as much as I miss them a fell home sick, then at the same time I am greatly motivated by the outlook to go home to them. The latter supports me and gives me a much needed push to achieve the goals which I am here for. 

1 comment:

Sebastian said...

Hej Peter,

I recently took some time to follow up on your blog. Last time we spoke with each other was after the National Conference in Copenhagen when you were elected for MCP. I remember the discussion in the election plenary when you described your position as leader of @Denmark as steersman, standing on top of the "ship's" mast. I wonder how this worked out for you and for @Denmark ;-) You seem to have continued your studies these days, eventually even in Iceland. Interesting that you chose the country that first collapsed economically, I hope you are not studying business administration there :-P
I haven't strongly been involved with AIESEC in Germany after I returned from Denmark, due to my new set goals and due to lack of interest to integrate again in the huge and complex German system. I rather engaged with another organization I already knew very well. Right now I am about to finish my diploma thesis and also in search for a job. Still, I believe I have carried the @spirit with my and I will carry it on.

Good luck with your studies and if you are going to visit Germany, either because of your girlfriend or business, contact me if you like.

All the best

Sebastian